19 March 2020 | Blog
Hit hard by the coronavirus? Start using the 15below platform in a few weeks
As the impact of coronavirus grips the aviation industry, we’ve been contacted by many airlines that have been overwhelmed by the volume of notifications they need to send passengers.
In most cases, these airlines are still relying on manual processes – such as phone calls and mail merges – to reach travellers with vital information in a short space of time.
We can remove the need for these inefficient processes in just a few weeks.
Now, we need to be completely clear. It’s not as simple as flicking a switch and you sending hundreds of thousands of personalised, multi-channel messages with almost zero human input. If it was that simple, we wouldn’t have been working at it for 20 years!
In order to get started we need you to provide us with a few simple, but crucial, pieces of information. Then there are one or two external influences that have the potential to cause a slight delay.
But for the vast majority of airlines we’ve worked with over the last 20 years, once we’ve received all the relevant information, we’ve been able to set up our base platform to enable large volumes of passenger notifications to be easily sent within just a few weeks.
The ‘out of the box’ version of the 15below platform allows you to:
- Send ad-hoc notifications to passengers affected by unplanned disruption.
- Reach up to 100,000 passengers every hour with 100% accuracy and reliability, eliminating human error.
- Rely on a small team (or even just a single employee) to send all passenger communications, freeing up your operational staff to focus on more valuable tasks.
7 simple steps to integrate the 15below platform
Before we can start to build your base platform we’ll need some details from you. It’s all basic information and the sooner you get it over to us, the sooner your deployment will begin.
We only need the following from you:
- Your IATA code.
- Your IP address and range.
- Contact information for everyone authorised to use the platform.
- Which languages you’ll be sending passenger notifications in. For the fastest implementation, we recommend starting with just one language.
- Your reservation system. With Navitaire or Sabre it’s an instant integration, but if you use Amadeus we’ll need to seek certification from Amadeus itself. Due to our partnership with them, that now typically only takes about 10 days.
- The friendly-from name you want to appear in your passengers’ email inboxes.
- High-resolution files of your logo and other relevant branding. With this we’ll create your first template that you can easily amend within the user interface.
The rest is up to us!
There are other factors that can impact on the implementation too. For example, we’ll need to consider the availability of infrastructure space and the creation of DNS entries.
Leave it in our capable hands
Our experienced team of experts has done this countless times and knows exactly how to work through these requirements and bring a sophisticated communications platform to your business in an incredibly short space of time.
Before you know it, you’ll be able to create a reliable and consistent process that will help you to drive a best-in-class level of customer satisfaction through not only the coronavirus crisis, but any other act of unplanned disruption that you face.
Several of our largest and most successful airline customers have reported being able to handle the COVID-19 crisis as business as usual. And we believe that’s because the 15below platform was designed and refined over two decades to meet your needs during scenarios just like this.
What’s more, because we don't charge per transaction, you can send as many emails as you need through the platform without worrying about any nasty surprises at the end of the month. In fact, on 20 March 2020, Ryanair sent more than 3.6 million notifications in one day - and saw an increase of 363% in notifications sent between February and March.
Get in touch to find out more and to talk through your requirements.